The Heil RevAMP automated side loader was developed with a mission of revolutionizing refuse collection. The 100% electric arm and auger compactor allows fleets to reduce their environmental footprint by reducing fuel use and greenhouse gas (“GHG”) emissions, while also eliminating hydraulic oil spills. This combination enables the operation of a fully-electric automated refuse collection vehicle (“RCV”), versus hybrid technologies that adapt a traditional hydraulic body to a battery-powered chassis and still require hydraulic hoses to operate the body functions.
The all-electric body features an arm with no kick-out, that provides a shake-free and smooth operation. The arm itself is much quieter, and does not have any hydraulics to power it. The auger compactor allows for compaction through the front wall of the body and unloading with a pack-through eject panel to discharge the waste. This design provides a self-cleaning hopper, and does not require tilting of the body to unload it. With all body and arm functions being battery powered, no energy is drawn from the engine to power the body and the arm.
The Heil REVAMP electric side loader is more environmentally friendly than any other standard automated truck on the market.
- 100% electric on-route – NO hydraulics – NO hydraulic leaks
- Fuel savings of up to 35% on diesel chassis; 100% fuel savings on electric chassis
- Easily charge overnight with plenty of energy for a day’s work
- GHG reduction of 41 tons/year/truck on diesel chassis
- Lighter body (less than 16,400 lbs.) – less fuel consumed – better payload